your next Valentine’s party? Bring these easy treat pops along! These also make cute teacher gifts. Don’t forget your neighbors — they’ll love them too! If your school or group permits homemade treats, I highly recommend using more than one heart-shaped cookie cutter — trust me on this one!
To make these colorful treats gift friendly, wrap them in a plastic bag fitted with white jute twine. You can now take them to a bake-sale. These are also perfect for a sweet Valentine or party favor. So many possibilities!
How Can Your Kids Help?
Kids will love buttering up their clean hands and pressing the warm Rice Krispie mixtures into the cookie cutters. Watch their amazement as a heart-shaped Rice Krispies Treat pops out! Kids can also help drizzle icing and sprinkle sugar crystals over each heart.
What kind of special Valentine’s Day treats do you make?
Want to make your own? Here’s what to do!
Easy Rice Krispie Heart TreatsMaterials needed:
- unsalted butter
- 1 16-ounce bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 18-ounce box of Rice Krispies (one cup per batch) (one cup per batch)
- heart-shaped cookie cutter
- 6-inch lollipop sticks
- measuring cups
- rainbow sugar crystals
1. Melt ½ tbsp butter with 2 drops of food dye. Fold in 1 cup of mini marshmallows until they are completely melted. Add one cup of rice krispies
and stir until mixed well and all the cereal is completely coated.
2. Butter your hands and the cookie cutter.
3. Gently press a scoop of Rice Krispies mixture into the cookie cutter. Next, push it out onto the parchment paper. You should now have 1 rice Krispie.
4. Repeat for remaining treats and let treats cool completely. Each batch makes 3 Rice Krispies Hearts.
5. Once treats are cooled, press lollipop sticks into the bottom of each treat.
For the icing:
Mix 1½ cups of powdered sugar with 2 tbsp of milk . Drizzle icing over treats. I scooped the icing into a frosting bag fitted with a #2 tip then drizzled it over the treats.
Optional: Sprinkle rainbow sugar crystals over the fresh icing.
Enjoy and share your treats with friends and family!