Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Avocado Quesadillas (vegan)


I can't believe there was a time when I didn't like avocados. I'm sorry I ever doubted your awesomeness you creamy, luscious, little fellas! One thing's for sure: we've got some making up to do for all that lost time. Like with these quesadillas I've been stuffing in my face on the daily. Quesadillas have always been a quick go-to meal for us, but when I stopped eating cheese, well... so went the quesadillas. I desperately wanted them back in my life and although an obvious substitution would be non-dairy cheese, this seemed like a job for avocados! Let me tell you... these babies are for REALS. I love that they're healthier than cheese quesadillas, and I think they taste even better. My husband and I make them all the time, and there are so many variations you can try. Or you can just replace cheese with avocado in any of your favorite quesadillas. We don't even bother cutting them anymore -  we just hold and eat 'em as one big 'dilluh. Napoleon would be proud ;)



Vegan, gluten-free (with gf tortillas)

Ingredients
1/2 avocado, more if you prefer
1 small roma tomato, diced
1 green onion, sliced
2 tsp. nutritional yeast
Seasonings of choice (I love smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, etc.)
Salsa (optional)
1 large tortilla

Directions
Smash avocado and spread out on one half of the tortilla. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and any seasonings. Add tomato, green onions, and salsa. (Or save the salsa for dipping!)
Fold over the top half of the tortilla, and place on a skillet over medium heat.
Heat for a few minutes on each side until warmed through.

*Note: I love salsa in the quesadilla, but it does make it a little messier. Oftentimes I leave it out and just dip it instead.

{Printer Friendly Version}






More avocado! Num num...
Quinoa Avocado Spinach Power Salad
Chickpea Avocado Mash with Lemon
Creamy Avocado Lemon Basil Dressing & Dip
Vegan Fudgesicles (yes fudgesicles!)
White Bean Spinach Enchiladas with Avocado-Cilantro Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment